How do I start?
Tips for RC users
Format Text Files
Print Books at Home
Bind Books at Home
Free Books Online
(RC, Henty & more)
Rosegate's Free Files
Lists (many RC)
Homeschool Name/ ID
LDS RC Ideas
Links for Homeschool
A Homeschool Haven
There's a lot of home school material here geared toward Robinson Curriculum users. But there's also more that could be useful for any homeschooling family. (And hopefully even enough to make a curriculum of your own!)
If you're just beginning to consider RC, or making a curriculum of your own, pull up a chair and get cozy. There's a lot of information to wade through here, but hopefully this page will answer many of the questions that new homeschoolers often have, so you won't have to scour the entire internet to find the answers you're looking for.
(Note: I don't sell Robinson Curriculum, nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I don't get a penny for this website. It was created with the sole intention of helping other parents, by sharing info I've found useful in my own homeschooling experience.)
What's New? - See a list of recent changes to this site. (Last updated: June 21, 2014)
You may need to refresh this page to see the newest date listed, and other pages, to see the updated version.
WHAT YOU'LL FIND AT ROSEGATE HARBOUR
Below is an outline of what you'll find here, or you can use the site map for a complete menu.
- About Homeschool - Are you just beginning to consider homeschool? Find answers to some common questions and concerns, such as:
- Why homeschool?
- What about socialization? (Read the research about this, and other issues)
- Can I afford it?
- Am I smart enough? (Yes)
- I'm not sure I have enough time for homeschool.
- How do I start?
- Available methods
- Choose a method
- Combine methods
- Make your own curriculum (using mainly free internet resources - many listed on the links page.)
- Legal requirements, etc.
- About Robinson Curriculum (RC) - even veteran users may find useful info on this page.
- How it works
- What it contains
- About the upgrade (and the update, which are 2 different things.)
- Installing (and using) the software
- Why it might be right for you
- Links to Free RC Forums (support groups) - see what others think of RC, and how they're using it.
- What you need to get started
- About the Henty Books (optional supplement to curriculum)
- Estimated printing costs / Number of pages to print for RC or Henty.
- Printing Cost Calculator - a fill-in-the-blank formula to find your own cost to print.
- Tips for RC Users - little tidbits RC users often have questions about.
- Software, Schedules, Common issues, Tailoring to your family's needs
- Printing tips: toner cartridges, skipping dark pages (or altering pics), flashcard tips (including how to print double-sided) etc.
- Vocabulary suggestions and alternatives
- Much, much more!
- Formatting Text Files - Learn more about Gutenberg texts, basic book formatting tips, creating and using macros, specific directions for formatting in Word, WordPerfect, and Open Office.
- Printing Books at Home
- RC and Henty - page count per book / total page count / printing cost estimate
- Printing cost calculator - a fill-in-the-blank formula to find your own cost to print.
- Half Size Books - about them, their benefits, and how to make them.
- Using text files (like those from Project Gutenberg)
- Basic Printing Tips: duplexing, 2 pages per side, printing covers, and a link to the
- Binding Books at Home - A list and explanation of numerous binding methods. Also directions for the method I use, and pictures of some of the different books I've made.
- Free Books Online - Various booklists with links to free text files, and other formats for your eBook reader. (Read some benefits of printing from text files.) Learn more About the Format of Online Books.
- Rosegate's Free Files - See what I've got here for free. Includes 2 kinds of math flashcards (same math problems as RC), replacements for missing pages from RC, free text file books not available elsewhere, Scots dialect glossary, etc.
- Printable Books and Covers - More free files! PDF covers, in full and half size, as well as ready-to-print books, formatted from text files.
- Lists - Links to all the booklists on this site. Find RC, Henty, and Historical fiction lists, ordered in various ways (by author, chronologically, by subject, etc.) Use online or print out for later. (Available in HTML or PDF.) The RC and Henty "Page count" lists also include page numbers to mark with "d" because they were missed in the software. (Learn more about how and why to skip dark pages.)
- Series Order - Lists include books like The Rover Boys, Anne of Green Gables, The Bobbsey Twins, Tom Swift, Five Little Peppers, and more!
- Homeschool Name / ID - Naming your homeschool, ID cards, and an explanation of why you might like one.
- LDS RC Ideas - Just a few ideas and links to help tailor RC to your family, as well as links to other LDS homeschool resources.
- Homeschool Links - Find many free resources here, useful to any homeschool parent. Some are specifically for RC users. If you want to make your own curriculum, find what you need on the links page and the Free Book pages.
- Contact - Let me know if you find errors on my pages, know of great resources to add, or have a request for an addition to this site.
- Site Map - Can't remember where exactly you found something on this site? Have no fear, it's all listed here.
Artwork used to beautify this site was derived from public domain images. (Found mainly at the Art Renewal Center.)
Please do not post material from this site elsewhere.
The above link is to a sponsor for my free counter.
It's only there because it has to be.