How do I start?
Tips for RC users
Format Text Files
Print Books at Home
Bind Books at Home
Free Books Online
(RC, Henty & more)
Rosegate's Free Files
Lists (many RC)
Homeschool Name/ ID
LDS RC Ideas
Links for Homeschool
- Math Flashcards - 2 kinds that both match the RC problems. Be sure to read printing directions!
- Math Recording Forms - blank, or with assignment numbers written in.
- Missing / Extra Pages - replacements for missing or marred pages in RC. There are also extras to add, like tables of contents and a glossary.
- Text Files - free books you may not find elsewhere at this time. (And some corrected Gutenberg texts.)
- Printable Books and Covers - ready-to-print books and covers. (Opens new page.)
MATH FLASHCARDS Regular Cards or Fact Family Cards
- Downloading - These PDF files are pretty big, so you may want to save them instead of loading them in your browser. To do that, left click on the file name, then select "Save Target As" or "Save Link Target As".
- Printing Directions- When printing these PDFs from Adobe, make sure "Page Scaling" is set to "None." (This should make them align properly with any printer, and you'll avoid any extra trimming. Just cut on the printed lines and they'll all be the same size.)
REGULAR FLASHCARDS - These flashcards include all the same math problems as RC, except instead of folding over (like RC), these print on both sides. (See below for yet another kind of cards.)
See downloading and printing directions above.
FACT FAMILY FLASHCARDS - Print these on one side only to avoid confusion. (They don't need any folding.) If printing at a lower resolution, test one page on regular paper first. (Even at regular resolution, they don't take much toner, because of all the white space.)
See downloading and printing directions above.
MATH RECORDING FORMS
MISSING / EXTRA PAGES (Extras are below.)
8. Our Hero General U. S. Grant - missing pages 25-38, and 69. (Includes one full-page picture with a blank after it, and a blank page before page 69.)
32. The Rover Boys in Southern Waters - page 111 is difficult to read.
40. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - missing pages 53-54.
93. Life of David Crockett (Autobiography) - page 252 is split up over 2 pages in RC.
115. Theodore Roosevelt; An Autobiography - half of page 40 is missing.
133. The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government (Vol. 1) - page 33 is difficult to read. (This file is a scanned page.)
336. The Erie Train Boy - pages 123 and 140 are incorrect in RC.
620. By England's Aid - pages 79-112 were scanned from the wrong book.
50. Bob, Son of Battle - Scots dialect glossary, in case you don't know what a "muckle gowk" is. (Text version available below.)
84. The Law - Table of Contents
125. On the Motion of the Heart and Blood in Animals, etc. or "Scientific Papers" - Table of Contents
143. The Common Sense of the Exact Sciences - Table of Contents
Tip - 131. A Tale of Two Cities - the Table of Contents for this book can be found in book 116, pages 12-14. (Originally both books were in one volume, but were split in 2 for RC).
TEXT FILES - You may want to see the series order page for some of these books.
3. Nursery Rhymes - text created from online HTML file.
16. The Rover Boys on the Great Lakes - Corrected text
17. The Rover Boys on the River - Corrected text
19. Five Little Peppers Midway - Corrected text
21. Tom Swift and His Airship - Corrected text
35. The Rover Boys on Land and Sea - Corrected text
36. Tom Swift and His Motor-Boat - Corrected text
48. Tom Swift and His Submarine Boat - Corrected text
(50.) Bob, Son of Battle Glossary - Since this book is written in Scots dialect, I made a glossary to add to the back of the book. (PDF version available above, in the missing/extra pages section.)
112. The Heart of the Antarctic (Vol. 1) - text created from online HTML file.
113. Tom Sawyer Abroad, Tom Sawyer Detective, and Other Stories - text created from other online texts.
121. Orations (of Marcus Tullius Cicero) - text created from online files.
123. The Heart of the Antarctic (Vol. 2) - text created from online HTML file.
126. American Historical Documents 1000-1904 - text created from online HTML file.
134. Faraday's Lectures - includes "The Forces of Matter" and "The Chemical History of a Candle" just like RC.
American History Stories Vol. 1 - by Mara Pratt
American History Stories Vol. 2 - by Mara Pratt
American History Stories Vol. 3 - by Mara Pratt
American History Stories Vol. 4 - by Mara Pratt. This volume had some racially insensitive language, which has been "bleeped". (It has the beginning letter of the word only, followed by dashes.)
Fairy Stories Every Child Should Know - edited by Kate Douglas Wiggin & Nora Archibald Smith
Five Little Peppers Abroad - Corrected text
Five Little Peppers Grown Up - Corrected text
Goops and How to Be Them - by Gelett Burgess
The Irish Twins - by Lucy Fitch Perkins
The Marvelous Land of Oz - Corrected text. Second book in the Oz series.
Our Little Japanese Cousin - by Mary Hazelton Wade
The Rover Boys in the Jungle - Corrected text
The Rover Boys Out West - Corrected text
The Story Book of Science - Standard U.S. measurements have been added to this book (originally metric). Also, some old and inaccurate information has been corrected (with the help of a local physics professor).
Thirty More Famous Stories Retold - by James Baldwin
FREE PRINTABLE BOOKS AND COVERS